Vacancy Advert : Information Centre Supervisor
The Economic Development Board (EDB) is the leading agency mandated by the Government to provide strong institutional support for strategic economic planning, promote Mauritius as an attractive investment and business centre, a competitive export platform as well as an international financial centre. It also acts as the main institution responsible for country branding, investment promotion and facilitates both inwards and outward investment and fosters a conducive business environment.
The EDB is looking for enthusiastic new talents to join our Information Centre team:
Information Centre Supervisor (Ref: ICS19)
An Information Centre Supervisor (ICS) shall ensure the good functioning of the Information Centre. An ICS shall assist in hiring, training and motivating ICAs as they answer questions, handle complaints, and provide support for callers. An ICS shall also evaluate ICAs performance and coach them to cultivate the knowledge and skills to provide excellent service to Callers and maximise Callers’ satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An Information Centre Supervisor shall be responsible:
- For the overall day-day operation of the Information Centre.
- For content management and shall ensure that the knowledge/question bank being made available to the Information Centre Agents is updated on regular basis.
- To stay up to date with EDB’s most recent news and legislations and decisions affecting the business environment.
- To identify the gaps in operations based on process/knowledge/technical requirement for smooth operations and suggesting possible improvements.
- To ensure ICAs understand and comply with all Information Centre objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- To answer ICAs questions regarding best practices or difficult calls and provide guidance and feedback.
- To handle difficult calls, as and when required.
- To monitor and evaluate ICAs performance based on SLAs, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- To measure performance with key metrics such as call abandonment, calls waiting, calls handling time, etc.
- To prepare reports and analyse data on a regular basis to assist management as they determine Information Centre goals and resources allocation.
- To work with Management team members to support ICAs and maximise Caller satisfaction
- To ensure that standards, policies and other requirements are scrupulously adhered to in order to maintain any required certifications.
- To ensure personal data is processed and handled in line with the Data Protection laws in Mauritius and other applicable laws.
- To ensure data integrity on the CRM system.
- The duties and responsibilities of the post are not restrictive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties from time to time. Any such duties should not however, substantially change the general character of the post.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND PERSONAL TRAITS
- Minimum Higher School Certificate (HSC).
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in supervising call centre operations, front office desk or any other relevant customer support service unit.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and management skills.
- Exceptional written and phone/verbal communication skills in both English and French along with active listening.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office package, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and excellent keyboarding skills.
- Proven skills with Contact Centre/Call Centre software and tools would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices would be an advantage.
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems.
- Knowledge of the Mauritian business environment and investment opportunities.
- Have an enquiring mind and the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Be customer focus and show adaptability to different personality types.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate through tense situations, especially during busy hours.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Be accurate, factual and pay close attention to details.
- Have strong analytical and math skills.
- Be efficient and thorough.
- Ability to memorize a multitude of general facts.
- Demonstrate a sense of values and ethics, both personally and professionally.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and motivation letter (specifying the reference of the post) to email@example.com at latest by Friday 26 July 2019. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview. Employment shall be initially on a contractual basis for 2 years, with the possibility of being employed permanently upon expiration of the contract of employment. An attractive salary package, commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate.
EDB reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement.