Vacancy Advert: Information Centre Assistant
The Economic Development Board (EDB) is the leading agency mandated by the Government to provide strong institutional support for strategic economic planning, promote Mauritius as an attractive investment and business centre, a competitive export platform as well as an international financial centre. It also acts as the main institution responsible for country branding, investment promotion and facilitates both inwards and outward investment and fosters a conducive business environment.
The EDB is looking for enthusiastic new talents to join our Information Centre team:
Information Centre Assistant (Ref: ICA19)
An Information Centre Assistant (ICA) shall provide high levels of service and support to all stakeholders of the EDB by responding efficiently to Callers seeking information, guidance and assistance. An Information Centre Assistant shall also promote the investment and trade landscape of Mauritius by encouraging investors and international players to work and live in Mauritius.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An Information Centre Assistant shall be responsible:
- To greet and welcome caller in a professional and friendly manner.
- To resolve inbound calls for queries from different stakeholders.
- To offer advice and information according to the caller’s centre of interests.
- To take charge of Callers’ needs which fall under his/her field of competencies while ensuring the best possible service.
- To channel inbound calls to appropriate department.
- To make outbound calls.
- To create, maintain and update Callers’ records and validate data to ensure data integrity both on paper and in the CRM system.
- To ensure personal data is processed and handled in line with the Data Protection laws in Mauritius and other applicable laws.
- To promote the various initiatives, programmes, schemes and activities of the EDB and create brand awareness.
- To achieve set targets, while optimising time on each call.
- To contribute to the development of a sustainable relationship with Callers.
- To encourage Callers to visit the website of the EDB and make use of other communication channels such as emails, live chat and social media platforms for queries.
- To stay up to date with EDB’s most recent news and legislations and decisions affecting the business environment.
- To share best practices based on feedbacks from Callers.
- The duties and responsibilities of the post are not restrictive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties from time to time. Any such duties should not however, substantially change the general character of the post.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND PERSONAL TRAITS
- A diploma in Travel and Tourism or Business Administration or any relevant fields.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a call centre environment and/or previous experience in a customer support role and handling of international calls.
- Strong written and phone/verbal communication skills in both English and French along with active listening.
- Speaking a third language could be an advantage.
- Computer skills (MS Office package, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and excellent keyboarding skills.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices could be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Mauritian business environment and investment opportunities
- Have an enquiring mind and the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Have a problem-solving approach.
- Be customer focus and show adaptability to different personality types.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate through tense situations, especially during busy hours.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ability to memorise a multitude of general facts.
- Be accurate, factual and pay close attention to details.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrate a sense of values and ethics, both personally and professionally.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter at latest by Monday 01 July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview. Appointment shall be on a contractual basis for an initial period of 1 year. An attractive salary package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, will be offered to the right candidate.
EDB reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement.