Oil and Gas Support Sector
Hydrocarbon discoveries along the east coast of Africa and off Madagascar position Mauritius as an ideal platform to service the oil and gas industry. Increased regional connectivity, the existing Regional Headquarters Scheme coupled with other offerings of the Mauritius IFC as well as existing schemes for export-oriented enterprises provide for substantial benefits for companies operating in the support sector.
Why Mauritius for the Oil and Gas Support Services Sector?
- Proximity to proven reserves
- Air and sea connectivity
- Broadband connectivity
- Enabling legal framework
- Attractive incentives for structuring in the services sector
- Schemes for manufacturing, light assembly, repairs, storage and distribution
- Stability and supportive soft infrastructure
- Financial Services Act
- ICT Act
- Relevant links to other supporting institutions:
For Hydrocarbon and Seabed Mineral Exploration and Exploitation: Continental Shelf, Maritime Zones Administration& Exploration
- Geoscience, marine extraction, marine-related environmental services and other technical, legal and financial services required for the granting of concessions and exploration activities.
- Regional Headquarter activities for support service contractors such as operation management and administration
- Manufacturing, storage and distribution of specialised goods
- Repairs and maintenance of vessels, craft and other relevant structures
- Other related services delivery