Invest, Work and Reside

Work in Mauritius

There are several options for a foreign national to invest, work and reside in Mauritius.

1. Work Permit

Application for a Work Permit is made to the Ministry of Labour, Industrial relations, Employment and Training by the employer.

Companies recruiting foreign labour in bulk and which do not qualify for an Occupation Permit need to obtain a permission in principle in a first instance from the Ministry to be able to apply for a Work Permit.


Application for a Work Permit 

2. Occupation Permit

The Occupation Permit (OP) is a combined work and residence permit which allows a foreign national to work and live in Mauritius for a period of 3 years, renewable. There are 3 categories of Occupation Permit: Investor, Professional & Self Employed.


Application for Occupation Permit

3.Young Professional Occupation Permit

A Young Professional Occupation Permit (YPOP) is an Occupation Permit for foreign students having completed at least an undergraduate degree in a tertiary education institution in Mauritius.The YPOP is valid for a maximum period of 3 years.

Application form for Young Professionals (YPOP)

4. Residence Permits

Retired non-citizens over the age of 50, their dependents and dependents of Occupation Permit holders can apply for a Residence Permit.

Criteria for Retired non-citizen

  • Above 50 yrs. of age
  • Annual transfer of USD 18,000 or monthly transfer of at least USD 1500 in a local bank account.


Apply for an RP

Chat with us

Talk to us