Webinar - Recent Developments and Innovation in the Mauritius International Financial Centre
The Economic Development Board of Mauritius (EDB), in partnership with Nishith Desai Associates, is hosting a Webinar themed: “Recent Developments and Innovation in the Mauritius International Financial Centre”
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020
Time: 14:30 (IST) 13.00 (MRU time)
The Webinar will deep-dive into opportunities offered by the Mauritius IFC as an investment hub, highlighting the innovation-driven spirit and the new developments.
The session will comprise a series of discussions on the following:
- The recently-promulgated Family Office Rules 2020, and the forthcoming Variable Capital Company structure;
- Mauritius as the hub for Foreign Portfolio Investments;
- The concepts of Trust, Foundations and Protected Cell Companies as tools for succession and estate planning; and
- The strengthened and steadfast AML-CFT Framework in Mauritius, including the expeditious initiatives taken by the Government of Mauritius to adhere to the FATF and EU Recommendations.
Who should attend?
- FPI managers;
- Tax advisors and intermediaries;
- Family office advisors and HNWIs;
- Estate planning professionals;
- Fund managers and administrators.
- Introductory Remarks by Hon. Mahen Kumar Seeruttun, Minister of Financial Services & Good Governance
- A presentation on the recent developments of the Mauritius jurisdiction by Mr. Faraz Rojid, Head of Financial Services of the EDB;
- “India and Mauritius - unlocking opportunities together”, by Mr. Nishith Desai, Founder of Nishith Desai Associates
- Mauritius IFC – A Regulatory Perspective, by Mrs. Renu Audit, Director of Authorization and Supervision, Financial Services Commission
- Questions and Answers
- Closing remarks by Mr. Seewraj Nundlall, Economic Counsellor, Economic Development Board of Mauritius, Mumbai Office.
You are kindly required to register here to confirm your participation.
Click here to download the invitation card