The Economic Development Board of Mauritius will be organising a multi – sectoral trade & investment promotional mission in three cities of India, namely, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad , from the 24th of April to 2nd of May 2023.
India is a major economic partner for Mauritius. The coming into operation of the CECPA since April 2021 marked another milestone in the bilateral relations that exist between India and Mauritius. It laid the foundation of a new stage of economic cooperation that ushers deeper and faster growing trade & investment ties between our two nations. Of note, Indian investors are keen to leverage on Mauritius as an investment and sourcing platform since borders were re-opened on 27th March 2022.
The mission which aims at increasing Mauritian exports to India and attracting more Indian investment to Mauritius, will comprise:
- An Investment Promotion Forum that will target prospective Indian companies in the Pharmaceutical, Export Oriented Manufacturing, Agro processing, Food processing, Textile, ICT, Construction, Tourism, Medical, Hotel, Banking and Financial Services sectors, amongst others.
- B2B Meetings for Mauritius Exporters with Indian Importers.
- Meetings with key Indian Authorities, Chambers of Commerce & Industry, focused business associations and other Institutions that are deemed important to meet.
Dates of Event
- Mumbai (Trade & Investment): 24 -25 April 2023
- Bangalore (Trade & Investment): 27-29 April 2023
- Hyderabad (Investment): 1-2 May 2023