The Economic Development Board (EDB) is organizing a painting and photography exhibition at the facilities of the EDB in Ebene with a view to promote local artists to new markets.
The EDB is inviting artists, resident of the Republic of Mauritius, to submit proposals for paintings which shall be exhibited from 2 June 2023 to 3 July 2023. The art exhibition is being organized with a view to help artists establish fruitful networking with potential foreign investors and other stakeholders visiting EDB offices on a daily basis.
The exhibition has no specific theme and artists are invited to express freely through paintings or photography.
Conditions for Participation:
- The artwork should not have been exhibited in a previous exhibition during the last 6 months.
- The call for entry is opened to artists resident of the Republic of Mauritius only.
- All paintings have to be original.
- Artists will have to submit duly filled participation form, a concept note of their art-work, a high-quality portrait photograph of the Artwork and their CV by 19 May 2023.
- A maximum space of 0.5m2 will be allocated to each artist.
- A panel will be responsible for the selection of proposals whereby the decision of the panel will be final.
- Only 1 Artwork will be retained per artist.
- The EDB reserves the right not to accept artworks deemed inappropriate for the exhibition.
- The EDB reserves the right to cancel the exhibition.
- The EDB will be responsible for allocating space for the display of the exhibits.
Closing dates for submission of application forms and Works
All application forms and related documents must be submitted by email on Priscillah@edbmauritius.org at latest by 19 May 2023 at 15.00 hrs.
Selected artists will be notified and will have to submit their works ready for display at latest by 29 May 2023 at 15.00 hrs. at the EDB’s Office on 1st floor, 7 Exchange Square, Ebene.
N.B: Late applications/submissions will not be accepted.