The Master plan covers 238A10p of State land with the following:
- Three (3) hotel sites of an aggregate extent of 80A with direct access onto the coastal road fronting the public beach;
- Seven (7) sites for tourism related projects between 6A to 7A each;
- One (1) site for an eco-tourism project of an extent of 45A64 in the vicinity of several wetland bodies, which can also be integrated in a water-theme development proposal;
- Two (2) commercial complexes (shopping complex, a night club, pubs, casinos and cinema) of an extent of 23A66 and 15A76;
- One (1) site for a restaurant of an extent of 2A;
- One (1) site for residential care home of an extent of 17A41;
- One (1) site for Handicraft market of an extent of 4A80; and
- Areas for green space and a common desalination Plant.
All onsite infrastructure will be developed on a cost sharing mechanism.
The Master plan and other documents can be downloaded below.
Developers willing to lease and develop specific site as per the Palmar Master plan are requested to submit the following:
- Draft business plan (project description, investment, job creation, company profile and shareholder’s information);
- Documents providing evidence of experience in financing and developing projects of similar size and complexity;
- Documents providing proof of financial capacity to undertake the project; and
- Layout plan and/or artistic impression for proposed development.
Potential investors are invited to submit their project proposals in hard copy and sealed envelope marked “Call for Expression of Interest-Palmar’’ to the Economic Development Board by latest 24 November 2023 to the following address:
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
GROUND FLOOR, 7 EXCHANGE SQUARE, WALL STREET, EBENE, MAURITIUS
For more information, please contact the Economic Development Board on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 203 3800.
Share this article
You Might Be Interested In:
Global Innovation Index 2022 : Mauritius maintains ...
Financial Services, Fintech, Doing Business
6 Oct 2022