The International Trade Centre’s Ye! Community in partnership with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Google, and the G20 Global Land Initiative are organizing the ‘Youth Ecopreneur Award 2023’ , a global competition aimed at showcasing green innovations from young entrepreneurs.
The International Trade Centre (ITC) and the supporting partners are looking for youth innovators in the green economy who are building solutions to create a more sustainable world. If you are a young ecopreneur with a fervent commitment to sustainability and a determination to effect positive change, please seize this opportunity and send your application!
The top three finalists from this global competition will have the opportunity to travel to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia (26 – 29 June 2023) to pitch their business live on stage in front of business experts, investors, and governments at ITC’s flagship event – the World Export Development Forum 2023.
What’s in it for you and your business ?
The winner of the Youth Ecopreneur Award 2023 will take home the following prizes:
- 5,000 USD to support your company
- Access to the Google Startups for Sustainable Development Programme (S4SD)
- Opportunity for additional investment with investors in the Google S4SD programme
- Mentorship and support from Google
- Tailored support on IP protection from WIPO
- International exposure through spotlight pieces from ITC
- Speaking opportunities at high level events
Applicants for the Youth Ecopreneur Award 2023 must be a youth (under the age of 35). Further, your business must also meet the following criteria :
- Must be majority run by a young person.
- Must be registered in an eligible country. See the list here.
- Offer a solution that promotes sustainability, circularity, and/ or the green economy
New special award on land restoration
To qualify for this award, applicants must have business working on either of the following:
- Reforestation or afforestation
- Soil conservation and enrichment
- Wetland restoration
- Erosion control
- Clean-up of contaminated land
- Invasive species control
- Agroforestry and carbon farming
- Forest or urban woodland fire management
- Stream and river restoration
- Use of modern technology for any of the above
Apply by 10 May 2023
Interested in this highly-coveted opportunity to showcase your green solutions; Click here to access the application form for the Youth Ecopreneur Award 2023.
The deadline for submission of application is 10th May 2023.
Should you have any questions with regard to the award or its application process, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.